The grand Jaipur Literature Festival is an annual literary festival, founded in 2006, which overtime became the world’s biggest and the best celebration of literature. The annual event is held in India’s Jaipur and witnesses a global participation of leading experts from the sphere of arts.
Now, the world’s largest and most loved literature festival, the Jaipur Literature Festival (JLF) is ready to explore a whole new dimension of events, as it goes hybrid for its 15th edition!
The event was previously scheduled to run between 28th January to 1st February. However, acknowledging the massive rise in Covid cases, the festival has now been postponed to March and will take place between 5th-14th. The best part is, literature and art lovers from across the world can still enjoy the charisma of JLF virtually while the on-site event kick-starts on the 5th of March. As disclosed by the event organizers, more than 250 global authors, politicians, artists, thinkers, and other renowned cultural icons will be participating in the festival.
The great Jaipur Literature Festival has been spreading happiness in the world of art and art lovers since its inaugural session in 2006, and Dreamcast has never missed contributing to the festival since its 6th edition. After the Covid-19 pandemic outbreak in 2020, event attendees who regularly used to be a part of the event were saddened with the thought of not being able to attend the event for its 14th edition.
However, Dreamcast stepped forward and took the event virtual, making it absolutely accessible for the global festival participants. Sneak a look into last year’s exceptional Virtual Jaipur Literature Festival !
Let’s move ahead and explore what JLF 2022 has got for its attendees in the upcoming 15th edition.
All You Need to Know About Jaipur Literature Festival 2022
The event is all set to go Hybrid in 2022! While the advent of a new Covid Variant made it seem difficult to host the event on-ground, the festival organizers are determined to bring the event back to Jaipur while ensuring complete safety. The event has also been postponed from its consistent regular schedule of January to March. Let’s look at the key points of the festival this year.
Jaipur Literature Festival 2022 Schedule
The whole event is scheduled between 5th to 14th March. While the event will be live with its virtual celebration from 5th to 9th, the on-ground celebration will be held from 10th to 14th March, and will also be available virtually.
Jaipur Literature Festival 2022 Registration
Interested attendees can go to the official website of JLF and register for on-ground & virtual event format from the home page itself. The annual festival is going to be a ticketed event for the on-ground attendees and the general early bird entry starts from INR 200. Registrants can also go ahead and register themselves under the ‘Friend of the Festival’ category for special venue access starting at INR 6300. Not just this but the fest is also providing separate tickets for the press, media, students, and schools. Also, music lovers can register for the Jaipur Music Stage under a distinct category. Click here to register for the festival.
Jaipur Literature Festival 2022 Venue
For the first time in the history of JLF, the event has changed venues. While Diggi Palace will now be the venue for musical events, the literary sessions will take place at Hotel Clarks Amer in Jaipur.
Jaipur Literature Festival 2022 Speakers
The festival will continue to resonate around vital literature-based discussions among global experts & leaders. From Indian poet and LGBTQ rights activist Akhil Katyal, author of international bestselling & award-winning books Robert Macfarlane, Turkish bestselling novelist Elif Shafak, and award-winning Srilankan writer Shehan Karunatilaka to Bangladeshi journalist Mahfuz Anam, Hollywood actor-writer Rupert Everett, and Booker Prize winner Damon Galgut, more than 250 speakers are lined up to share their expertise in the festival. Explore the list of JLF 2022 Speakers here.
A Look Back to The Jaipur Literature Fest 2021
The biggest celebration of the literature world went virtual for the first time in its history with Dreamcast’s virtual event platform. To ensure a super immersive experience, a flawless simulation was created of the on-site venue, Diggi Palace, Jaipur, keeping every little detail of the venue & event in mind. The virtual event received appreciation & gratitude from across the world! Here are some of the key highlights from JLF’s first-ever virtual venue:
- A vibrant and immersive 360-Degree replica of the on-site venue that helped the users have a real-like experience throughout the event. From lawns & lobbies to rooms & booths, every location was simulated into the virtual venue flawlessly.
- 3D Animated Avatar of the man behind JLF, Sanjoy K. Roy was set up just like the on-site event wherein he stands to welcome the participants. This gave the regular participants a more authentic feeling of being at the event.
- Top-Notch networking features like multi-format communication, meeting schedulers, AI Matchmaking, and a lot more to get the interaction going.
- Multiple Parallel Sessions throughout the event just like the on-site JLF event so the users have an absolutely engaging experience.
- Engagement Zone with Social Wall, Signature Wall, Photo Booth, Gamification, and a lot more to ensure matchless event experience for the global participant’s.
- Seamless Navigation & 24*7 Customer Support Team, to make sure that the event runs smoothly at all times & conditions.
- Virtual Reading Room, Festival Buzzaar, Arcade Area, etc.; further amplifying the event familiarity of the participants and providing them a more pleasant time throughout the festival.
The event was highly interactive, engaging, and a great success! With the phenomenal response to the virtual version, JLF is stepping into the Hybrid Event format & the world awaits for March 2022 to experience the magic!