Social media live streaming is in trend recently. You can find various social media streaming platforms today. Most of them offer free live-streaming services. Many individuals, organizations, and businesses have started using social media streaming services because they offer various benefits. Whether you want to promote a product or service or you want to do event promotion on social media you can use live streaming services.
In this blog, we will be exploring the top 13 best social media platforms that offer live-streaming services. These platforms are booming because of their live-streaming services and they are must try if you are planning to live-stream on social media.
Social Media Streaming Platforms For Events
Here are the top 13 social media streaming platforms that you must try in 2023:
1. Instagram Live
The first platform on our list that offers social media streaming services is Instagram. Instagram live streaming Services are free; you don’t have to pay anything to the platform to use live streaming services. Because social media live streaming became so popular Instagram launched live streaming on the platform.
If you want to do event promotion on social media, or you want to boost engagement and interact with your audience in real time you can go for Instagram live streaming services.
Some features that Instagram live offers:
- It allows you to add more people to your live room for interaction and collaboration.
- Your followers will get notified when you start your live stream,
- The platform also offers live engagement features like chat, reactions, comments, etc.
2. YouTube Live
When we are talking about social media streaming platforms we can’t miss YouTube live streaming Services. Youtube is a platform that is popular for long-form video content. YouTube is used by various businesses and brands for event promotion on social media. It can also help the brand in social media event marketing.
Youtube is a free live-streaming platform and that is the reason why it is becoming the first choice for marketers.
Here are some of the features that youtube live streaming offers.
- It allows you to live stream either directly from the mobile phone or you can also use an encoder and webcams.
- Promote revenue generation by enabling paid ads to your live stream.
- The platform also offers real-time analytics for your live stream.
Connect with the Industry's Most Experienced
Live Streaming Service Providers.
3. Facebook Live
Facebook is among the best social media platforms. It offers Facebook live streaming Services that are free and anyone on the platform can access the live stream feature. Social media live streaming is in trend now but facebook launched this feature on the platform back in 2006. It was revolutionary for social media event marketing.
Here are some key features that Facebook offers for live streaming on the platform.
- Facebook allows you to live stream on the platform through a business or a brand page, by your profile, or from a Facebook group.
- The platform has an option for automatic saving, where your live stream will be saved to your feed automatically.
- Real-time engagement features like live comments and reactions.
LinkedIn is the next platform that offers social media streaming services. LinkedIn live streaming services are free but not everyone can live stream on LinkedIn. You have to request on the platform to live stream. You have to meet the criteria of LinkedIn Live video access criteria. That means you can only live stream on the platform if you or your page have received access from LinkedIn. It is one of the best options for social media event marketing.
Here are some features that LinkedIn offers:
- It allows you to take a question from viewers before you go live.
- Allows you to host a live chat during the streaming session.
- Offers you real-time analytics of your live stream.
5. Twitter Live
When we are talking about the best social media platforms for live streaming we surely can’t miss Twitter. Previously Twitter had a different Social media live streaming platform but now it allows users to live stream directly from Twitter live.
Because the platform has huge audience base it is perfect for
social media event marketing and promotions.
Here are some of the key features that Twitter live offers for streaming:
- Twitter offers various interactive and engagement features like live chat, comments, and heart reactions.
- It allows you to go live with up to three people.
- The platform has a Top live feature where your audience can find your content.
On our list of social media streaming platforms next we have is Twitch. Twitch is the platform that is famous for game live streaming so if you are a business or brand in the gaming niche twitch is the perfect social media event marketing platform for you. Anyone who has an account on the platform can live stream on Twitch.
Here are some of the key features that Twitch live stream offers:
- The platform lets you schedule your stream for going live.
- You can replay your previous live stream on Twitch.
- Streams on twitch can monetize their live stream by playing ads in between.
7. Tik Tok
TikTok is among the best social media platforms that offer live-streaming services. TikTok is famous among influences and content creators. The platform is not just popular for its short-form video content but also for social media streaming services.
The best part about Tik Tok live streaming service is that it is free and you can live stream for an unlimited time.
Here are some of the key features that Tik Tok live offers:
- Picture in Picture format is one of the most popular features that Tik Tok offers.
- It allows streamers to collaborate with other users on the platform by offering joint live sessions.
- You need at least 1000 followers to go live on Tik Tok.
8. Mix Cloud
Next, we have MixCloud on our list of social media streaming platforms.
It is a social media live-streaming platform that is best suitable for audio content. You can live stream your music, podcasts, radio shows, and DJ mixes. It has a lot of monthly listeners so if you are looking for a social media event marketing platform for your audio content you can go for MixCloud.
Here are some of the features that Mix Cloud Offers:
- The platform has licensing agreements with major record labels.
- You can live stream audio and host radio shows without any copyright issues.
- It also allows you to monetize your content through subscription.
9. Reddit Live
Reddit is also among the popular social media streaming platforms. It enables people of the same interest to interact with each other. Reddit is a community-centric platform. Because it is community-based there are a lot of marketers who prefer using it for event promotion on social media. Just like other social media live-streaming platforms, it is also free to use.
Here are some of the features that Reddit Live offers:
- The platform lets you save live streams which anyone can access.
- The platform is compatible with both computer and mobile devices.
- You need to have a comment on Karma before you go live on Reddit.
Vimeo is the next platform on our list of social media streaming platforms.
Social media live streaming became popular recently but Vimeo is popular for its video hosting service since its launch. Vimeo is a platform that charges for its live-streaming service. The platform offers a few different plans for live streaming. For marketing and event promotion on social media, you can use Vimeo.
Here are some of the features that Vimeo offers:
- The platform offers the feature of real-time feedback so that streamers can improve their live stream.
- The platform allows users to stream their content privately.
- The platform also offers customization features to match your band.
The next platform that we have on our list for social media live streaming is Zoom. It is one of the most popular platforms for webinars, online meetings, and live streaming. It has become tremendously popular among the users in the last few years.
Here are some of the features that zoom offers:
- It helps users to stream to multiple social media platforms.
- The platform offers a video-on-demand feature.
- Breakout rooms and live chat are some features that support engagement on the platform.
Next, we have Dailymotion on our list. It is similar to YouTube. It is a video-based platform that allows the user to discover, watch and share video content from around the world. Not just video sharing it also allows users to live stream on the platform. Daily motion is one such platform that you can prefer for event promotion on social media.
Here are some of the features that Dailymotion offers:
- It has a video embedding feature and lets you share video on the website and social media platforms.
- The platform allows users to monetize their videos and live streams.
- Dailymotion also offers customization features to its users.
The next social media broadcasting platform on our list is YouNow. The platform is famous for its video content. It allows users to live stream through webcam and mobile devices. Streamers don’t have to pay any charges for live streaming on this platform.
Here are some of the key features that YouNow offers:
- It allows users to download the live stream.
- Live streamers can share their screen during the live session.
- For engagement it allows streamers to host competition on the platform.
The Bottom Line
By the end of this article, we know about some of the most popular social media streaming platforms and their features. Because there are numerous social media platforms available, choosing one can be challenging. So you should keep your goals in mind while selecting a platform for your live stream. Features can also help you in selecting the social media platform, for instance, if you want to stream to multiple social media you can go for zoom, if you want to live stream for unlimited hours you can go for Tik Tok, etc.
Connect with the Industry's Most Experienced
Live Streaming Service Providers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Social media streaming refers to reaching your audience through live video in real-time by using social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Twitch Live
Yes, you can live stream on multiple social media platforms simultaneously.
Instagram has become the number one social media app.